CHOCOLATE TOXICITY

Chocolate Toxicity is a serious life-threatening condition

Dogs and cats are unable to process chemicals found in chocolate such as caffeine, theobromine and theophylline. Ingestion of even small amounts of chocolate can be life-threatening. 

 

Animals with chocolate toxicity often show signs of vomiting, diarrhoea, trembling, seizures, restlessness, and weakness. Timely veterinary intervention is vital to ensure patients are effectively decontaminated and treated. 

 

If you believe that your pet has ingested chocolate, please call our clinic immediately to speak to a veterinarian. If you know the amount and type of chocolate ingested, this calculator can be used to estimate the severity of toxicity. Please only use it as a guide, and seek veterinary advise as soon as possible.

 

Contact Us

122A Tongarra Road

Albion Park NSW 2527

enquiries@albionparkvet.com.au

Tel: (02) 4256 3638

           

20 Belinda Street

Gerringong NSW 2534

Tel: (02) 4234 1317

Opening Hours

 

Monday - Friday / 8.00am - 7.00pm

Saturday / 9.00am - 4.00pm

Sunday / 10.00am - 4.00pm

 

 

 

Location

  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • Google+ - Black Circle
  • Twitter - Black Circle

© 2017 by Albion Park & Gerringong Veterinary Hospitals